Saturday, August 21, 2010

Simply Saturday


Happy Saturday. I love weekend mornings. Its a morning, like any other, but for some reason it always seems different. There seems to be a certain stillness unlike the other days. Or maybe its just that I don't need to be out for quite a while yet and can enjoy the home front. In any case, its a few hours of slow moving, quiet, pleasant time. Just simply Saturday.

I'm busily getting some of my house ready for Fall. I know its a bit early but I'm so ready for the refreshment that it brings. Also lining up my crochet projects for the next few months. Hadn't really gone looking for what to crochet, just have come across several projects that I really love. I think I have enough to keep my fingers busy through most of the winter although I know that I'll always find another pattern to drool over and have to add to the list that never dwindles (happily!).

Enjoy the simple blessings of today.

5 comments:

  1. Have a beautiful day....Glor....enjoy your solitude and tranquility....and of course brining out your fall decorations...I am waiting till the kds go back to school...I can do a real good cleaning and dusting...and put out my happy fall things....:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful bouquet of flowers. I love the poppies and the cornflowers in there - reminds me of my childhood in Germany.

    Thank you and have a great day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can just see you snuggling down with your crochet for the long winter. I'm been nesting a bit myself the last couple of weeks. I'm not looking forward to the cold weather but have soothed myself by going through my yarn, picking out patterns and preparing myself for the long winter. I feel kind of like a squirrel, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gloria, all of my mornings are Saturday mornings until I go back to work and I have to say, I love each and every one. I am a true homebody through and through and don't need to see a soul for days and days and can be quite content. My family is enough to keep me busy. I am working on a post at this very moment. Tried out your January mug doily coaster. HA! It comes out different each time. The cotton yarn I am using is much thinner than what I normally work with so it was great for this pattern. I can't seem to get it just right, but still love the outcome. In fact, I found that if I quit at row 5, it is probably the right size for a mug coaster. The great thing about this pattern, is it can be stopped at any point and still look great. Thanks for sharing! Best wishes for the rest of your weekend. :) Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not ready to decorate for fall yet...strange since it's a favorite season for me. I think I just don't want to rush because next up is winter, uugghh.

    Have a wonderful and blessed day my friend!
    Anita ♥
    http://aseknc.blogspot.com/
    aseknc(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete